Director, Social Product Management at Valassis / RedPlum.com. Former Director at Accenture, focused on product managing a mondo web platform product designed for brand / CPG sites. Spearheaded the social media initiative at Sun Microsystems. Mother, wife, avid gardener, & koi pond enthusiast. You can also find me on Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, & Facebook.
If I had abundant time on my hands, I would (in no particular order)…
- Learn to play that super cool looking acoustic guitar Mr. S got me for Mother’s Day a few years ago. I’d also resume playing the piano & violin.
- Resume my volunteer librarian gig.
- Spend a lot more time helping out with my father who has Parkinson’s. He & my mom live in another state.
- Order a copy of my FBI file. I guess I’m just curious. If you think about it, the contents are depressing either way — a blank sheet may imply one is ridiculously boring, while a full sheet can’t be good either.
- Change the light bulb in my lamp that sits on my night stand so I can read when I’m sleepless instead of psychologically evaluating Paula Abdul’s every movement while she tries to sell me ugly jewelry on the home shopping channel.
- Finish reading the current stack of books on my
- Volunteer at the local animal shelter
- Perform some “surgery room quality” organization in our basement & closets with the goal being me being much closer to calling myself a minimalist
- Learn to be less type-A via meditation & yoga — two activities that I find nearly impossible.
- Learn to weld. Seriously. This is a skill that could come in super handy with my gardening obsession
- Hang out with friends a LOT more
- Participate more in social media meetups
- Ween myself from my desk & spend more time offline…a LOT more time
- Improve my photography & videography skills
- Put those new found videography skills to the test by preserving interesting bits of information about family members via segments like those found on The Interview Project. Super interesting stuff.
- Become an urban bee keeper. We have a young orchard & tons of bees. I’m not sure where their hive is, but they seem to like our yard & I want to do my part to nurture the comeback of the bee population in general.