That’s right, digital enthusiasts & frugal-lites alike…I said couponing & sexy in the same sentence.
Today, Valassis officially announced the Facebook product I’ve been lucky enough to manage the last few months — a couponing app like nothing else out there. Sure, you’ve seen web based coupons before, but have you seen a Facebook app that enables the entire end-to-end couponing experience all within Facebook that ALSO allows you to…
- Add digital (paperless) coupons directly to your grocery store’s loyalty card in addition to enabling traditional coupon printing?
- Leverage an array of social capabilities beyond just sharing (Tweet it, Pin it, private message/email it, see what your friends are clipping, invite them to use the app, update, etc.)?
- See a timeline view of your savings goodness as well as a timeline view of your friends savings?
- Peruse your coupon shopping list by printed, clipped, & redeemed coupons?
Yup, RedPlum Social Savings does all that, and…
- It’s a white-label product — skinning & deploying a brand specific instance is a snap. By “snap” I mean being up and running in days vs months.
- It’s integrated the best of the Facebook platform with Open Graph. Since we quietly flipped the RedPlum skinned version of the beta app live in March, it’s organically grown a user base of 25,000 users triggering 450,000 open graph impressions — just by us pushing it live with no promotion what so ever (until today!).
- For the white label clients, they get the full suite of Facebook Insights analytics reports that they can run anytime to get an accurate pulse on the performance of their app.
All of that is stacked nicely on top of our incredibly mature couponing back-end & the Valassis powerhouse of major retailer relationships (side note: the science of coupon security is fascinating — individual serial numbers, secret watermarks etc. — it’s just like currency)!
I’ve had the opportunity to demo many new web products in my career — many of those demos were rather hairy & drove me to drink heavily. Just kidding. Sort of. But really, the reaction of demoing this product to leading retailers, manufactures & CPGs has been consistently well-received — a true indicator that we’re filling a gap marketplace in a big way.
Props to Food Lion for snagging the first early adopter spot — we’re looking forward to launching their branded instance of the app soon!
Props to the team — Lea, Mandarin, Matt, Tom, Ana, Vinod, Jay, Duane, & Ian — for designing and building an amazing app!
Props to the best interns ever for creating this video that tells the app’s story. Enjoy!