…currently adrift the Norwegian Jewel (my 1st cruise experience). At 23 degrees 30.57 N, 74 degrees 41.18 W. How cool is it that I can indulge my blog addiction here? :-)Needless to say, the ship technology (beyond the internet cafe) is quite amazing.
I’ll try to blog about my cruising experience later, but here are a few observations:
- The drinks are no more expensive than land US prices
- The food is fine, but I’m not sure why people obsess over it…it’s food people
- The ship structure detail and service operations are amazing
- Even if I were independently weathly and could travel all the time, I’d still work. 🙂 It’s day nine of my vacation, and I miss my house work and corporate work. My sanity may be questioned on this one, but at this moment, I have a load of laundry in the ships dryer…completely by choice.
- The ships medical center is fantanstic. Abby got bit on the foot by something while snorkeling in the Grand Cayman stingray sand bar and was quickly and efficiently treated by the ships doctor (I think it was an insect of some sort) Side note: while at ships med center, two passengers were checked into the local hospital. I wonder if this is a common occurance for cruisers?
- Honduras is great, but those invisible biting fleas suck. Their bites show up 2-3 days later…apparently, they liked my sweetness. 😉