If you have a track record for screwing up Valentine’s day, here are some simple suggestions for making this years Valentine’s Day pleasant for the woman in your life:
- Start executing your plan now (side note: this also happens to be real program manager’s #1 motto)
- Visit Bliss or Lush and order a gift set or individual products today that do not include these words in the product name:
- Hair Removal
- Make dinner reservations or plan a menu for February 14th today (side note: chicks dig it when you prepare a meal for them!)
- If you have a child(ren), make babysitter arrangements for Valentine’s date night today
- Do you have a hairy back and/or neck? Do you have hair coming out of your nose and/or ears? Yes? Make a waxing appointment at the local spa to deal with neck & back hair and throw in a massage for yourself. Purchase an inexpensive nose hair trimmer to deal with the nose & ear hair. You will gain big points for this one!
- Mitigate the risk of halitosis even if you think you’re safe. Start daily flossing, use of mouthwash, and a tongue scraper (in addition to your daily brushing routine, of course)
- Unless you have a solid grip on your woman’s taste in jewlery, steer clear from these kinds of gifts…never ever buy a woman anything that resembles Mr. T like jewlery. The “#1 MOM” medallion is also a bad idea.
- If you’re going to order flowers, I personally suggest doing something other than red roses. Perhaps, lilies, tulips, or orchids…steer clear of yucky flowers like carnations, mums, etc.
- If you’re going to purchase something in the chocolate family, don’t be cheap…if you can find it in the grocery or drug store, chances are, it’s cheap and of poor quality.
- Greet your significant other with a 10 second kiss at the beginning of your big date. Don’t say hello or anything else first…just grab her with conviction and lay it on her. (This step might not be appropriate for very new relationships…it’s an absolute “don’t” if this is a 1st date).
- Be super chivalrous during your date and try to keep it going well after Valentine’s day.